HEAVY METAL DETOX
Heavy Metals appear in our
If mercury is in the fish we eat, over time we have mercury in our system. We cannot keep our system pristine and clean, because we are separated from our toxic environment only by semi-permeable membranes: skin and mucosal surfaces. Maintaining relative cleanliness requires a number of inherent detox systems to work overtime against the osmotic pressure of the incoming toxins. As the toxicity of our environment increases so does the osmotic pressure, pushing the often man-made poisons into our body.
Toxins almost never come alone. They come in synergistic acting package-deals. Mercury alone is toxic. Together with zinc it is many times more toxic, add in a little copper and silver, as in dental amalgam fillings and the detrimental effect to the body increases
Toxicology is to a large degree the study of synergistic effects. In synergy 1 plus 1 = 100. Heavy metals are primarily
What are Neurotoxins?
Neurotoxins are substances attracted to the bodies nervous system. They are absorbed by nerve endings and travel inside the neuron to the cell body. On their way they disrupt vital functions of the nerve cell, such as transport of nutrients, mitochondrial respiration and proper DNA transcription. The body is constantly trying to eliminate neurotoxins via the available exit routes: the liver, kidney, skin and exhaled air.
The liver is most important in these processes. Most elimination products are expelled with the bile into the small intestine and should leave the body via the digestive tract. However, because of the lipophilic/neurotropic nature of the neurotoxins, most are reabsorbed by the abundant nerve endings of the enteric nervous system (ENS) in the intestinal wall. The ENS has more neurons than the spinal chord. From the moment of mucosal uptake the toxins can potentially take 4 different paths:
1. Neuronal uptake to the spinal chord (sympathetic neurons) or brainstem (parasympathetics) – from here back to the brain.
2. Venous uptake and via the portal vein back to the liver
3. Lymphatic uptake and via the thoracic duct to the subclavian vein
4. Uptake by bowel bacteria and tissues of the intestinal tract
Here is an incomplete list of common neurotoxins in order of importance:
mercury, lead, cadmium, iron, manganese and aluminium (are the most common).
Common Sources: metallic mercury vapour escapes from dental amalgam fillings (they contain about 50 % mercury, the rest is zinc, silver copper, tin and trace metals). Cadmium: car fumes, cigarette smoke , pigment in oil paint Lead: out gassing from-paint, residues in earth and food chain from time when lead was used in gasoline, contaminated drinking water Aluminium: cookware, drinking water.
such as tetanus toxin, botulinum toxin (botox), ascaridin (from intestinal parasites), unspecified toxins from streptococci, staphylococci, lyme disease, clamydia, tuberculosis, fungal toxins and toxins produced by viruses. Biotoxins are minute molecules (200-1000 kilodaltons) containing nitrogen and sulfur. They belong to a group of chemical messengers which microorganisms use to control the host´s immune system, host behaviour and the host´s eating habits.
(iii) Xenobiotics (man-made environmental toxins):
such as dioxin, formaldehyde, insecticides, wood preservatives, PCBs etc.
(iv) Food Preservatives, excitotoxins and cosmetics:
aspartame (diet sweeteners), MSG, many spices, food colourings, fluoride, methyl-and propyl -paraben, etc.
Heavy Metal Toxicity
Metals can exist in the body with different kinds of chemical bonds and as different molecules. Mercury appears to be the king-pin in the cascade of events in which metals become pathogenic. Mercury can be present as metallic mercury (HgO), as mercury salt (e.g. mercury chloride – HG+), or as methyl mercury (HG++). Methyl mercury is 50 times more toxic than metallic mercury. Methyl-Hg is so firmly bound to the body that it has to be first reduced to HG+ before it can be removed from the cell. This is achieved with reducing agents („antioxidants“) e.g. intravenous vitamin C and reduced glutathione.
The algal organism chlorella has over 20 known such detox mechanisms. A recent Japanese study showed that Chinese parsley, cilantro, is a powerful elimination agent for aluminium stored in bone and the brain.
• Some metals are extremely toxic, even in the most minute dose, whereas others have very low toxicity, even in high doses. However, dependent on the dose, all metals can become toxic to the body. Iron can cause severe oxidative damage, copper may compromise liver function and visual acuity, selenium and arsenic have been known to be used to murder people and so on.
• Most metals serve a functional role in the body. For example, selenium is needed in the enzyme that restores oxidised glutathione back to its functional form as reduced glutathione. Another important function of selenium is its role as a powerful antioxidant in preventing cancer.
• Some metals have a narrow physiological range. That means the difference between a therapeutic dose and toxic overdose is very small. Selenium is an example of this. Magnesium on the other hand has a wide physiological range and thus is more difficult to overdose.
• Some metals have no physiological function. Mercury, lead, aluminium are in this group. Even the smallest amounts have negative physiological-effects.
• Biochemical individuality: some people may react more or less than others to the presence of heavy metals in the tissues. Some people may develop a severe chronic illness after exposure of a few molecules of mercury, whereas others may be more resistant to it. Genetic deficiencies in the enzymes responsible for the formation of the metallothioneins and glutathione production and reduction are examples.
Possible side-effects during heavy metal detox:
Every patient can be affected by metals in two ways:
1. Through their non-specific toxic effects
2. Through the system´s allergic reactions to the neurotoxins
Often these two distinctive types of symptoms cannot be easily distinguished. During a detox program, the patient may also temporarily become allergic to the various substances that help to carry out the toxins.
This is based on a physiological mechanism called “operant conditioning“. Every time the detoxifying substance is given, mercury emerges from its hiding places into the more superficial tissues of the body, where mercury can now be detected by the immune system. The immune system however is fooled into thinking that the detoxifying substance itself is the enemy. The immune system now starts to react to the detoxifying substance as if it was the mercury itself.
There are two major sources:
1. Mercury escaped from dental amalgam fillings is converted by oral and intestinal bacteria to methylmercury, which then is bound firmly to proteins and other molecules. Methyl mercury crosses the blood brain barrier and the placental barrier leading to massive prenatal exposure. Earlier studies determined that over 90% of the common body burdon of Hg is from dental fillings. Recent studies show that eating fish is starting to compete with amalgam fillings for the leading position as a risk factor.
2. Seafood – A recent study (JAMA, April 2, 2003;289(13):1667-1674) revealed the following It is estimated that nearly 60,000 children each year are born at risk for neurological problems due to
One in 12 U.S. women of childbearing age have potentially hazardous levels of mercury in their blood as a result of consuming fish, according to government scientists.
The U.S.FDA recommends that pregnant women and those who may
The National Center for Policy Research for Women & Families published in May 2003, that the following fish are lowest in methyl mercury:
• Blue Crab (mid-Atlantic)
• Flounder (summer)
Also haddock, tilapia, wild alaskan salmon,and sole
A recent quote from Boyd Haley, PhD: „our latest research clearly points to the ethylmercury exposure as being causal in autism. The tremendous enhancement of thimerosal toxicity by testosterone and the reduction of toxicity by estrogen explains the fact that 4 boys to 1 girl getting the disease and the fact that the bulk of severe autistics are boys. Most importantly, this autistic situation clearly shows that exposure to levels of mercury that many “experts” considered safe was capable of causing an epidemic of a neurological disease“.
Any illness can be caused by, or contributed to, or exagerated by neurotoxins. Here is a short list:
• Neurological problems: Fatigue, depression, insomnia, memory loss, blunting of the senses, chronic intractable pain (migraine, sciatica,
• Emotional problems: inappropriate fits of anger and rage, timidness, passivity, bipolar disorder, frequent infatuation, addictions, depression, dark mood, obsession, psychotic behaviour, deviant behaviour, psychic attacks, inability to connect with god, etc.
• Mental problems: memory loss, thinking disorder, messy syndrome (cluttering), loss of intelligence, AD, premature aging
• GI problems: candida, food allergy, leaky gut syndrome, parasites, inflammatory bowel disease
• Orthopedic problems: joint arthritis, persisiting musculo-skeletal pain, fibromyalgia, TMD, recurrent osteopathic lesions
• Immunological disorders (autoimmune diseases, hypothyroid disorders, MS, ALS, Sjogen´s Syndrome, CFIDS, MCS etc.)
• Cardiovascular disorders ( vascular disease, arrythmias, angina, increased heartbeat)
• Cancer –mercury, arsenic, copper etc. can be a trigger
• ENT disorders: chronic sinusitis, tinnitus, glandular swelling,
• Eye problems: macular degeneration (dry and wet), optic neuritis, iritis, deteriorating eye sight, etc.)
• Internal medicine problems: kidney disease, hypertension, hypercholesterinemia, syndrome X
• OB/gyn: difficulties of pregnancy, impotence, uterine fibroids, infertility, etc.
• History of Exposure: (Did you ever have any amalgam fillings? How much fish do you eat and what kind? A tick bite? etc)
• Symptoms: (How is your short term memory? Do you have areas of numbness, strange sensations, etc)
• Laboratory Testing: Hair Tissue Mineral Analysis / Blood Test
I have developed a simple approach that works well. I use detox questionnaires, then obtain a hair sample and have it analysed (HTMA). Follow the detox protocols then In 6 weeks another hair sample is sent to the lab and analysed to show the progress of the detox.
Why would we want to treat anyone at all? Is it really needed?
Can the body not eliminate these toxins naturally on its own?
High protein, mineral, fatty acid and fluid intake
• Proteins provide the important precursors to the endogenous metal detox and shuttle agents, such as coeruloplasmin, metallothioneine, glutathione and others. The branched-chain amino acids in cow and goat whey have valuable independent detox effects. Amino acid supplements, especially with a concentrate of brached chain amino acids are valuable.
• Metals attach themselves only in places that are programmed for attachment of metal ions. Mineral deficiency provides the opportunity for toxic metals to attach themselves to vacant binding sites. A healthy mineral base is a prerequisite for all metal detox attempts (selenium, zinc, manganese, germanium, molybdenum etc.). Substituting minerals can detoxify the body by itself. Just as important are electrolytes (sodium, potassium, calcium, magnesium), which help to transport toxic waste across the extracellular space towards the lymphatic and venous vessels.
• Lipids (made from fatty acids) make up 60-80 % of the central nervous system and need to be constantly replenished. Deficiency makes the nervous system vulnerable to the fat soluble metals, such as metallic mercury constantly escaping as odourless and invisible vapour from the dental amalgam fillings.
• Without enough fluid intake the kidneys may become contaminated with metals. The basal membranes swell up and the kidneys can no longer efficiently filtrate toxins. Adding a balanced electrolyte solution in small amounts to water helps to restore intra-and extracellular fluid balance
Natural Oral Agents
Parsley (Chinese parsley – Cilantro)
This kitchen herb is capable of mobilising mercury, cadmium, lead and aluminium in both bones and the central nervous system. It is probably the only effective agent in mobilising mercury stored in the intracellular space (attached to mitochondria, tubulin, liposomes etc) and in the nucleus of the cell (reversing DNA damage of mercury). Because cilantro mobilises more toxins than it can carry out of the body, it may flood the connective tissue (where the nerves reside) with metals, that were previously stored in safer hiding places. This process is called re-toxification. It can easily be avoided by simultaneously giving an intestinal toxin-absorbing agent.
Dosage and application of cilantro tincture: give 2 drops 2 times /day in hot water in the beginning, taken just before a meal or 30 minutes after taking chlorella (cilantro causes the gallbadder to dump bile – containing the excreted neurotoxins – into the small intestine. The bile-release occurs naturally as we are eating and is much enhanced by cilantro. If no chlorella is taken, most neurotoxins are reabsorbed on the way down the small intestine by the abundant nerve endings of the enteric nervous system). Gradually increase dose to 10 drops 3 times/day for full benefit. During the initial phase of the detox cilantro should be given 1 week on, 2 –3 weeks off. Fresh organic Cilantro works best (as much as person can compress in one hand), when given in hot Miso soup. Miso contains synergistically acting amino acids.
Other ways of taking cilantro: rub 5 drops twice/day into ankles for mobilisation of metals in all organs, joints and structures below the diaphragm, and into the wrists for organs, joints and structures above the diaphragm. The wrists have dense autonomic innervation (axonal uptake of cilantro) and are crossed by the main lymphatic channels (lymphatic uptake).
Cilantro tea: use 10 to 20 drops in cup of hot water. Sip slowly. Clears the brain quickly of many neurotoxins. Good for headaches and other acute symptoms (joint pains, angina, headache): rub 10 –15 drops into painful area. Often achieves almost instant pain relief.
Both C.pyreneidosa (better absorption of toxins, but harder to digest) and C.vulgaris (higher CGF content – see below, easier to digest, less metal absorbing capability) are available. Chlorella has multiple health inducing effects:
• Antiviral (especially effective against the cytomegaly virus from the herpes family)
• Toxin binding (mucopolysaccharide membrane)
all known toxic metals, environmental toxins such as dioxin and others
• Repairs and activates the bodies detoxification functions
• Dramatically increases glutathione
• Sporopollein is effective in binding neurotoxins and more effective in binding toxic metals than any other natural substance found.
• Lipids (12.4 %) alpha-and gamma-linoleic acid help to balance the increased intake of fish oil during our detox program and are necessary for a multitude of functions.
• Chlorella growth factor helps the body detoxify itself in a yet not understood profound way. It appears that over millions of years chlorella has developed specific detoxifying proteins and peptides for every existing toxic metal.
• Chlorophyl has a strong metal binding effect.
Dosage: start with 1 gram (=4 tabl) 3-4 times/day. This is the standard maintenance dosage for grown ups for the 6-24 months of active detox. During the more active phase of the detox (every 2-4 weeks for 1 week), whenever cilantro is given, the dose can be increased to 3 grams 3-4 times per day (1 week on, 2-4 weeks back down to the maintenance dosage). Take 30 minutes before the main meals and at bedtime. This way chlorella is exactly in that portion of the small intestine where the bile squirts into the gut at the beginning of the meal, carrying with it toxic metals and other toxic waste. These are bound by the chlorella cell wall and carried out via the digestive tract.
When amalgam fillings are removed, the higher dose should be given for 2 days before and 2-5 days after the procedure (the more fillings are removed, the longer the higher dose should be given). No cilantro should be given around the time of dental work. During this time we do not want to moblize deeply stored metals in addition to the expected new exposure. If you take Vitamin C during your detox program, take it as far away from Chlorella as possible (best after meals).
Side effects: most side effects reflect the toxic effect of the mobilised metals which are shuttled through the organism. This problem is instantly avoided by significantly increasing the chlorella dosage, not by reducing it, which would worsen the problem (small chlorella doses mobilise more metals then are bound in the gut, large chlorella doses bind more toxins then are mobilised).
Some people have problems digesting the cell membrane of chlorella. The enzyme cellulase resolves this problem. Cellulase is available in many health food stores in digestive enzyme products. Taking chlorella together with food also helps in some cases, even though it is less effective that way. C.vulgaris has a thinner cell wall and is better tolerated by people with digestive problems.
Chlorella growth factor
This is a heat extract from chlorella that concentrates certain peptides, proteins and other ingredients. The research on CGF shows that children develop no tooth decay and their dentition (maxillary-facial development) is near perfect. There are less illnesses and children grow earlier to a larger size with higher I.Q and are socially more skilled. There are case reports of patients with dramatic tumour remissions after taking CGF in higher amounts. In our experience, CGF makes the detox experience for the patient much easier, shorter and more effective.
Recommended dosage: 1 cap. CGF for each 20 tabl. chlorella
Garlic (allium sativum) and wild garlic (allium ursinum)
Garlic has been shown to protect the white and red blood cells from oxidative damage, caused by metals in the blood stream – on their way out – and also has ist own valid detoxification functions. Garlic contains numerous sulphur components, including the most valuable sulph-hydryl groups which oxidise mercury, cadmium and lead and make these metals water soluble. This makes it easy for the organism to excrete these subastances. Garlic also contains alliin whis is enzymatically transformed into allicin, natures most potent antimicrobial agent.
Metal toxic patients almost always suffer from secondary infections, which are often responsible for part of the symptoms. Garlic also contains the most important mineral which protects from mercury toxicity, bio active selenium. Most selemium products are poorly absorbable and do not reach those body compartments in need for it. Garlic selenium is the most beneficial natural bioavailable source. Garlic is also protective against heart disease and cancer.
The half life of allicin (after crushing garlic) is less than 14 days. Most commercial garlic products have no allicin releasing potential left. This distinguishes freeze dried garlic from all other products. Bear garlic tincture is excellent for use in detox, but less effective as antimicrobial agent.
Dosage: 1-3 capsules freeze dried garlic after each meal. Start with 1 capsule after the main meal per day, slowly increase to the higher dosage. Initially the patient may experience die-off reactions (from killing pathogenic fungal or bacterial organisms). Use 5-10 drops bear-garlic on food at least 3 times per day.
It is clear that the high consumption of fish oil protects the client from the damage caused by the amalgam fillings. The same is true for the high intake of selenium.
The fatty acid complexes EPA and DHA in fish oil make the red and white blood cells more flexible thus improving the microcirculation of the brain, heart and other tissues. All detoxification functions depend on optimal oxygen delivery and blood flow. EPA and DHA protect the brain from viral infections and are needed for the development of intelligence and eye-sight.
They also induce the formation of peroxisomes and helps protect them. The most vital cell organelle for detoxification is the peroxisome. These small structures are also responsible for the specific job each cell has: in the pineal gland the melatonin is produced in the peroxisome, in the neurons dopamine and norepinephrine, etc. It is here, where mercury and other toxic metal attach and disable the cell from doing its work.
Other researchers have focussed on the mitochondria and other cell organelles, which in our experience are damaged much later. The cell is constantly trying to make new peroxisomes to replace the damaged ones– for that task it needs an abundance of fatty acids, especially EPA and DHA. Until recently it was believed, that the body can manufacture its own EPA/DHA from other Omega 3 fatty acids such as fish oil.
Today we know, that this process is slow and cannot keep up with the enormous demand for EPA/DHA our systems have in todays toxic environment. Fish oil is now considered an essential nutrient, even for vegetarians. Recent research also revealed, that the transformation humans underwent when apes became intelligent and turned into humans happened only in coastal regions, where the apes started to consume large amounts of fish.
The fatty acids in fish oil are very sensitive to exposure to electromagnetic fields, temperature, light and various aspects of handling and processing. Trans fatty acids, long chain fatty acids, renegade fats and other oxidation products and contaminants are frequently found in most commercial products. Ideally, fish oil should be kept in an uninterrupted cooling chain until it ends up in the patients fridge.
The fish-source should be mercury and contaminant free, which is becoming harder and harder. Fish oil should taste slightly fishy but not too much. If there is no fish taste, too much processing and manipulation has destroyed the vitality of the oil. If it tastes too fishy, oxidation products are present. There are 5 commercially available grades of fish oil. Grade I is the best.
Dosage: 1 capsule Omega 3 taken 4 times/day during the active phase of treatment, 1 caps. twice/day for maintenance.
Best if taken together with chlorella
Recently a fatty acid receptor has been discovered on the tongue, joining the other more known taste receptors. If the capsules are chewed or a liquid oil is taken, the stomach and pancreas start to prepare the digestive tract in exactly the right way to prepare for maximum absorption. To treat bipolar depression, post partum depression and other forms of mental disease, 2000 mg of EPA are needed/day (David Horrobin). For the modulation of malignancies, 120 mg of EPA 4 times/day are needed. The calculations can easily be done with the information given on the label.
Balanced electrolyte solution (Selectrolyte)
The autonomic nervous system in most toxic patients is dysfunctional. Electric messages in the organism are not received, are misunderstood or misinterpreted. Toxins cannot be shuttled through the extracellular space. Increased intake of natural ocean salt (celtic sea salt) – and avoidance of regular table salt – has been found to be very effective in resolving some of these problems. Most effective is a solution pioneered by the American chemist Ketkovsky. He created the formula for the most effective electrolyte replacement, which was further improved by Morin Labs, and is now called “selectrolyte“.
Dosage: 1 tsp in a cup of good water 1-3 times/day During times of greater stress the dosage can be temporarily increased to 1 tbsp 3 times/day
Mobilised metals and toxins tend to get stuck in the connective tissue and lymph channels. They can no longer be reached by biochemical agents. A mechanical approach is needed through lymphatic draining massage.
Peer reviewed literature shows that sweating during sauna therapy eliminates high levels of toxic metals, organic compounds, dioxin, and other toxins. Sauna therapy is ideal to mobilise toxins from its hiding places. However, during a sauna, toxic metals can also be displaced from one body compartment into another. This means mercury can be shifted from the connective tissue into the brain. This untoward effect is completely prevented when the patient is on chlorella, cilantro and garlic.
Colon hydrotherapy / Coffee Enemas
Colon hydrotherapy and coffee enemas remove not only faecal matter from the bowel but also sludge and debris that has attached itself to the wall of the colon. It has been shown that these residues can be years even decades old and often leaked out toxic doses of many different chemicals during those years of residue collection. During a metal detoxification program, many toxins appear on the bowel surface and shifted from bowel surface into the faecal matter. However, since many of the toxins are neurotoxins, and the colon is lined with nerve endings, many of the mobilised toxins are reabsorbed into the body on the way down. To intercept these toxins while in the colon, colon hydrotherapy or coffee enemas are the ideal method.
Recommended use: 1-2 colonics / enemas per week during active phase of detox.
Acupuncture and Neural therapy
Both are closely related techniques that balance the autonomic nervous system (ANS). Compartmentalised metals are often trapped because of specific dysfunctions of the ANS. Both can be resolved with either technique.
To facilitate in the detoxification process, exercise is absolutely needed. Many patients with chronic disease are unable to engage in vigorous exercise e.g. jogging. We help our clients to find the right level of exercise appropriate to their level of illness. Without exercise, mobilised toxins accumulate in the connective tissue, kidneys, lungs and skin and can cause a new set of symptoms and perpetuate the patient’s illness. A good exercise program should include 3 components: a) muscle strength training b) aerobic training c) stretching.
Recommendations: 20 minutes twice a day is the minimum requirement during the active detox phase
“The solution to pollution is dilution”
When metals are mobilised a certain portion travels through the kidneys. The kidneys may react with swelling of the basal membranes and decrease in filtration rate. To prevent damage to the kidneys the patient has to drink increasing amounts of water (with electrolyte solution). The kidney has a filtrating surface equal to a ping-pong table, the gut that of a soccer field. The nephrons – like brain cells – live long and cannot be replaced once damaged. The gut membranes are renewed every 3 days. It is foolish to push toxic metals through the kidneys and wise, to push them out through the gut. Chlorella pulls toxic metals through the mucosal surface of the intestines from the blood and protects the kidneys.
When metals are moved out of the body through the faeces, the bowel flora is damaged. During the active phase of the detox, chlorella works as an excellent pre-probiotic: It selectively feeds the good bowel flora. In addition, we recommend taking Acidophilus/Bifidus two capsules with each meal.
There is a strange but largely overlooked association of metal toxicity and psychological issues. I found that often when the client has a breakthrough in psychotherapy her/his symptoms become temporarily worse. This is often falsely believed to be a healing crisis (immune system activation). Unresolved psychological issues may result in the body holding onto toxicity.
The Klinghardt Axiom and the Triad of Detoxification:
Each unresolved psycho-emotional conflict or each unresolved past trauma causes the body to lose the ability to successfully recognise and excrete toxic substances. Also each entanglement or limiting connection with another family member, unhealed relationships and unhealthy, non-life affirmative attitudes limit the organisms ability to detoxify itself.
In fact, the type of retained metal or other toxin and the body compartment, where it is stored, can be predicted with a high degree of certainty by knowing what type of unresolved psycho-emotional conflict is present in a client and at what age the associated event occurred.
“For each unresolved psychological issue there is
an equal amount of toxins stored in the body”
When the patient starts to effectively detoxify on the physical level, repressed emotional material moves from the unconscious to the more superficial subconscious part of the brain. Instead of feeling better from the lessened toxin burden, the patient will often start to experience unpleasant inner states of being, e.g. tension, anxiety, sadness or anger. This is commonly mistaken as a side-effect of the medications used for detoxification or as an unspecified “detox reaction”.
When this emotional material is not dealt with, the body stops releasing further toxins – the tension or discrepancy between the unresolved psycho-emotional material and the already released physical toxins is too large. Both are out of balance – the toxin container is less full than the container with the unresolved emotions.
Things are further complicated by the increased activity of microorganisms such as fungi, moulds, bacteria and viruses, different species of mycoplasma during a detox program. Insecticides, herbicides, wood preservatives, mercury, and other toxins are used by us with a single purpose – to stop the growth of microorganisms and other unwanted pests in the outside world (farm fields, materials and furniture made from wood, to preserve food, etc.). When these toxic agents have entered our inner environment (via the food chain, air, water, skin contact or amalgam fillings) they have the same effect in us. They stop the growth of microorganisms – at a price: they also harm the cells of our body.
The Detoxification Axiom:
For each unresolved psycho-emotional conflict or trauma there is an equivalent of stored toxins and an equivalent of pathogenic microorganisms. To successfully detoxify the body the three issues have to be addressed simultaneously.
The triad of detoxification:
• Detoxification of the physical body
• Treatment of latent microorganisms and parasites
• Treatment of unresolved psycho-emotional issues
We are all exposed to varying degrees of toxicity every single day, it’s the cumulative effects of this that slowly erodes our health and wellbeing until we experience some symptom of ill health. To keep the body free from the most common diseases of today a detox programme can be used to reverse these detrimental health effects. Also living day to day in a way that promotes health and reduces your exposure to toxicity is key FASTING is another way assist the bodies detox process.
Detoxing from heavy metals can be a smooth experience or roller
*adapted from the